Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of getting a new radio
My factory stereo is okay. But the CD player is not working. So looking into installing a radio myself. But from past vehicles I've own makes me feel edgy about it. So looking at the pros at a loco place to do it. Was thinking about a 6.1in touch screen with Bluetooth/USB/DVD the works. Am I making the right choice here or should I save my cash? I want a screen due to the fact I don't do well with reverse. So I'll look into to also getting a revers camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Pioneer makes some of the best double DIN head units. I have a friend with a Pioneer AVIC. He added a rear view monitor. Works well and sounds great.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I bought one for my 2011 Fronty S from Crutchfield. It came with a wire harness that plug right in. My son installed it in about 5/10 mins.
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
I have trouble with the dash board in my past cars I've own I always end up braking it or cracking it up..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I always buy my head units from Crutchfield because they include all installation items needed, dash kit, wire harness, and instructions.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I recommend upgrading the speakers as well to enjoy your new radio.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Ridiculously Detail Amateur Radio Installation begleysm 2 3,618 04-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Last Post: begleysm
  Auxillary Out on stock radio? For subs. superblack22 6 5,696 10-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Terryb
  Frontier KC XE No Radio Option mdawg4x4 7 4,327 06-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger