Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the best way to add an iPod?
Hello-
I have the basest of base 05 King Cab XE with factory radio....i want to add a connection for my iPod. I need advice on what my options are, including the option of starting over with a new unit.......jon
Welcome to The Spot. Congrats on the truck.

I would look at any of the iPod capable radios from Crutchfield. Crutchfield supplies the installation kit and instructions for free if you buy the radio from them.

This should give you a list Crutchfield.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I bought an RF unit which is powered by the lighter and broadcasted to a station on the radio
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
(07-04-2013, 08:03 AM)Shift_Avenger Wrote:  I bought an RF unit which is powered by the lighter and broadcasted to a station on the radio

That would definitely be the quickest and cheapest way for celadonjon to connect. Do you have a link to it.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I bought one from Crutchfield and it had the plug for my IPod/IPhone in it. I have a 2011 S with the strip down radio/cd but I put the JVC I got from them in, it sounds incredible with the stock speakers.
2013 Crew Cab Pro-4X
Try to check out Pioneer DEH-P310UB also. It has direct ipod control.