Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi-Lift Grabber Mod
So, like many of us who don't have a fancy bed, I had to be a little creative and utilize what I have. I've been putting this off for years but got around to it yesterday. I went to the local ACE hardware store (support your local economy) and bought a "S" bracket. Had 3 screws lying around, so I saved myself a couple of quarters. As you can see below, picture explains it all, no need for a HOW-TO write up. Little to NO rest/touching from the hi-lift. The bracket is there to keep the hi-lift from tipping over into the bed and thus causing it to slide around. The hi-lift is holding itself up. The bracket seems sturdy enough to take off-road abuse but we'll just have to see. I also added that "Quick weld" paste on the back of the bracket for extra strength. The yellow puddy does nothing but hold the bracket in place until the holes were made and the paste dries.
Best part about this is I didn't have to worry about the screws driving into any metal.
[Image: 2012-02-05_105814.jpg][Image: 12012-02-05_105839.jpg]

Oh, one more thing... lesson learned for me, when you position the bracket, lower it just a bit more so that the hi lift handle (tube) does not go in between the bracket and side of the bed. The tube is wider, thus causing resistance to the bracket and can overtime slowly shear the screw out of the plastic. (the screws are being held by the plastic bed liner) That is why in the picture, you can see that the handle is up and not snapped into place Sad
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Very nice
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
I conducted a test on some mild off-road trails, serviced by the National P.S. The test was successful, no issues, the mod works for me.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wheels, tires, lift, bumper, and custom sub box! silversuper 6 7,693 05-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Last Post: silversuper