Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New HU for the truck
Kenwood DDX-512.... Touch screen DVD.. Add ons if you want them... Navigation, Xm, BU camera, Ipod adapter... We went with just the ipod adapter for now. Love this unit.. Now need new speakers. Oh, Tc3Driver helped with the install. You may remember him as a former moderator on club frontier and titan spot. Install was cake compared to the new HU I put in my Titan..

Dash torn apart.......

[Image: IMG_0007.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0008.jpg]

Almost done....

[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]

Shrek! Lmao... Big Grin

Footnote: You are instructed to ground this to your parking brake so you can only watch videos when engaged.... I did somthing different so we could watch video while driving... Not legal and I dont recommend it but that is what I did.. AngelWink
[Image: sigph.jpg]
When I am not moving, I am not in my truck. If I were to install a DVD player and connect it to the P-Brake, it would never get used.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Very cool!!
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
the thing you have to do to bypass the parking brake is to just ground that wire to anything and it will work dont pay to have it done its all bs
(01-21-2010, 10:22 PM)Bosnian 09SE Wrote:  the thing you have to do to bypass the parking brake is to just ground that wire to anything and it will work dont pay to have it done its all bs

Correct. Works for Kenwoods but I have heard Pioneer, etc, it is much more difficult.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
(01-22-2010, 08:48 PM)krh2 Wrote:  
(01-21-2010, 10:22 PM)Bosnian 09SE Wrote:  the thing you have to do to bypass the parking brake is to just ground that wire to anything and it will work dont pay to have it done its all bs

Correct. Works for Kenwoods but I have heard Pioneer, etc, it is much more difficult.

nah just put in an avic u310bt in mine a few months ago and had to ground it to one of the bolts behind the head unit....at first i tried to connect it to the ground coming off of the head unit directly but for some reason it didnt work so i just went with the bolt
Looks good. I like the interface colors on the DDX512 more than on the one I have. I have the DDX-7019 and the interface colors are a blue scheme but some of the buttons look like they were designed by a 10 year old.
mira someone has a new HU. it looks bueno my gosh! wacha!
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
Nice! How difficult was the install?
'06 Queen Cab SE - Adios Dezert.. NorCal Bound!
[Image: Ogilby-1.png][Image: fro2-1-2.jpg]

(01-22-2010, 08:48 PM)krh2 Wrote:  

I just installed a avic x930bt pioneer dvd/gps into my frontier, and i grounded the parking brake, mute, and ground wires together. I used the metra wire harness to plug into the factory plug and the metra dash kit. I will take a picture soon and post it on here on the next day or 2. installing is easy on this truck compared to others i have installed on.
Good pictures, clear instructions, good job.
I installed the 930bt as well. Was easy to by-pass everything. enjoy my deck on long trips.....only thing now is to try and figure out where to get a map update for canada so i can get some newer streets showing on my gps

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What have you done for your truck today? Reserector 161 146,182 04-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4