Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Weak
I'm incredibly tempted to trade my truck in for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4. For the first time, i actually went onto the Jeep site and studied everything about it, and i love the fact that they have dana 44 up front and in the rear! That's brilliant! And 25% more travel on the new generation, it's no match for the titan swap, lol. But the pricing is ridiculously high, $30,000 at least. But the thought of having lifetime warranty on the engine, transmission, and drive system is sweet. I know, i know, chrysler is in trouble, but the lifetime warranty isn't what got me. Wonder how much i could sell my truck for 191 To me, my truck is worth $30,000, but i bought it for $22,500. It's an 07 with 33,000 miles, i'd say i can get what i payed for, since i got a camper shell and titan swap with protection, don't you think? That will leave me with $7,500 payment on the jeep Heart
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
you will never get what you paid for a car/truck/suv in a sale, you will get even less in a modified truck/car/suv then with an unmolested truck/car/suv unless you find the PERFECT buyer....... and right now its a buyers market.....
2011 Camaro SS/RS
6.2L LS3, Mods: CAI Inc. CAI, Hurst Short throw shifter, Doug Thorely shorty headers, Flomaster American Thunder cat back.
2004 XE 2.4l I-4(sold)
part of The Lifted XE Club!
F.W.O West Coast Chapter

MODS: Total Chaos Long Travel Kit, Shock Hoops, Fox 2.5 coil overs w/ eitbach springs, Fiberglass Fenders, Dever progessive add a leafs, Panasonic CQ-C7303U Clarion 4 channel 400W amp pushing a set of JL audio 6.5 Compents, MA Audio 400w 2 channel amp pushing Kicker Comp 10", XM Radio, Magnaflow 2 1/4 in/out dumped before the axle. 5% tint on rear windows 35% on front windows, oval fog lights from kragen.

A jeep would be fun, fun, fun! Wink
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
(10-07-2009, 11:30 PM)Firebreed Wrote:  you will never get what you paid for a car/truck/suv in a sale, you will get even less in a modified truck/car/suv then with an unmolested truck/car/suv unless you find the PERFECT buyer....... and right now its a buyers market.....

Yeah, I'll be selling it towards the off-road crowd. Will defiantly not deal with the dealership in this category. I'm sure there's a 17 year old with a rich dad that will gladly pay $22,5000 Tongue
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Have you test driven the Jeep yet? I was really leaning toward an Unlimited Sahara before I test drove it and the Frontier back to back. The Jeep's to me feel like they can barely get out of their own way.
I agree, the drive quality is better in the frontier, but that's because of the SAS. Plus, its pretty sad that they still have a 4 speed automatic.

This is pretty much what i want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePPmRCIgKY
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

(10-08-2009, 10:26 AM)BlackTigerSE Wrote:  I agree, the drive quality is better in the frontier, but that's because of the SAS. Plus, its pretty sad that they still have a 4 speed automatic.

An ancient 4 speed coupled with an anemic V6. I was greatly disappointed as I really liked the new Unlimiteds.
(10-08-2009, 02:56 PM)Phelan Wrote:  
(10-08-2009, 10:26 AM)BlackTigerSE Wrote:  I agree, the drive quality is better in the frontier, but that's because of the SAS. Plus, its pretty sad that they still have a 4 speed automatic.

An ancient 4 speed coupled with an anemic V6. I was greatly disappointed as I really liked the new Unlimiteds.

If the 3.8L lasts just as long as the 4.0L i'd be happy. From what i hear many 4.0s last 300,000 miles without rebuilding the engine. The power is still decent, but it should get better gas mileage! I bet if they made a 5 speed for the jeep, it would easily gain 2 mpg, both highway and city.
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

I am disappointed by the engine choice for the JK, but love the Rubicon Unlimited all the same. I prefer my 4.0L inline 6 over the V6 in the JK I test drove. And, Jeep will survive. It is the best thing Chrysler has going for it.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
(10-08-2009, 06:05 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  I am disappointed by the engine choice for the JK, but love the Rubicon Unlimited all the same. I prefer my 4.0L inline 6 over the V6 in the JK I test drove. And, Jeep will survive. It is the best thing Chrysler has going for it.

I agree with you on everything you said, including "the best thing chrysler has going for it". I thin the Wranglers are what's keeping the company alive, lol. I've been browsing the projectjk forums and i'm seeing a lot of people getting there almost fully loaded jks for 28k easily. eeeek. 28k is still a lot! especially in california, i need to get the heck out of this state. Taxes, licensing, etc. will be like $5,000, lol.

It's true what one guy said, if you can get 20% or more off sticker price, you're getting a good deal. I'll be aiming for 25% off sticker price Tongue
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

On the other hand, there a several used ones on the market that really don't understand what it means to own a Rubicon. They think it is a car. If you could find somebody needing to get out from under a note. Another idea, I met a guy locally that walked away with a 4X4 Unlimited with the lift and 35" tires already on it for just under $20K. Rich kid decided he wanted something else. Then you could add the other stuff yourself as you can.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)