Poll: Which Computer program are you running?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
XP
44.44%
4 44.44%
Vista
33.33%
3 33.33%
Other
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which program?
Tongue 
So which computer program are you guys running? I have Vista on the main computer, and was a little ticked off at it on Friday. My son had to print a paper for school, and our printer isn't working so I had him e-mail it to me and I tried to open it on my neighbors computer to print it. She was running XP so it wouldn't let me open it.

So which program are you all running? What do you think about the program you are running?
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
I am running Vista Home and still trying to get used to it. I had XP on my old computer and it seemed to be a little more user friendly to a computer nerd.

OkieScot
(08-16-2009, 10:04 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  I am running Vista Home and still trying to get used to it. I had XP on my old computer and it seemed to be a little more user friendly to a computer nerd.

OkieScot

I have heard some neg. feedback on the Vista. A couple of computer people have told me that it makes the computer run slower.
Vista Ultimate for the time being on my home system, will be Win7 Enterprise when I find the time to reload everything.
Win7 Ultimate on my work desktop.
Win7 Enterprise on my work laptop.
OS X 10.4 on my work iMac.
OS X 10.5 on my work PowerMac G5.

Most of the negative feedback about Vista is people repeating half truths they were told by someone who told them something that someone had told them they read in a magazine written by someone yearning for the days of typewriters who played around with an early release of Vista before 3rd party hardware drivers were released.

I've been running Vista for the last 2, going on 3 years and have had 0 problems that were OS related. Had a lot of problems with nVidia's early Vista drivers being very unstable, but that is not Microsoft's fault; manufacturers had plenty of time to work on and test their drivers before the public release of Vista and many drug their feet on doing so.
(08-16-2009, 10:34 PM)Phelan Wrote:  Most of the negative feedback about Vista is people repeating half truths they were told by someone who told them something that someone had told them they read in a magazine written by someone yearning for the days of typewriters who played around with an early release of Vista before 3rd party hardware drivers were released.

I like that answer! Big Grin
Like I said, I couldn't print something on my neighbors computer because the file was from Microsoft Works Word, and she is running XP.
Guess I have to save it as a different file to be able to print stuff at her house, or just figure out what the heck is wrong with the printer, lol
It's not an OS issue, it's an issue with the difference in versions of MS Word most likely. If you find out the version of Word your neighbor has you should be able to save the file as a compatible version from your copy of Word.

Printers... A computer tech's most hated peripheral.
(08-16-2009, 11:07 PM)Phelan Wrote:  It's not an OS issue, it's an issue with the difference in versions of MS Word most likely. If you find out the version of Word your neighbor has you should be able to save the file as a compatible version from your copy of Word.

Printers... A computer tech's most hated peripheral.

It is an HP 2175 all-in-one, and it is saying insert right cartridge. Well, I have unplugged it, and have taken out and replaced both cartridges. I think the darn thing is Possessed. lol
Make sure the cartridge is inserted properly and seated snuggly.
(08-17-2009, 12:01 AM)Phelan Wrote:  Make sure the cartridge is inserted properly and seated snuggly.

It has been inserted properly and seated snuggly several times.
I have also unplugged it trying to reset everything. Dodgy
Check this out, for future use

Works to Word converter

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
I'm the oddball that you always hear about who runs Linux at home. I've been running Ubuntu as my main OS for about 2 years now and am perfectly happy with it. I have XP installed in a virtual machine (virtualbox) that I only use for 1 thing. I need itunes to sync up my iphone properly and I do that through the VM. I also installed Win7 in Virtualbox and I have to say that I'm fairly impressed with it. I have never been a fan of Vista..but I always thought that XP was a solid operating system. Win7 seems to blend the two.
[Image: gallery_2_47_63369.jpg]
[Image: 196426.png]
[Image: LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png] - 2 Time Cancer Survivor
XP at work and home, but I have a second hand desktop at home that has NT on it. I never swapped it out for XP. I don't have any experience with Vista. If I bought a new computer, I think I would opt for the XP option, if it was still available.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making Home Affordable - Government program Shift_Avenger 4 4,123 05-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Last Post: OkieScot