Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone
Well, my cell phone took a dive on Thursday 7/2/09.
I was on the phone with my cell phone carrier for an hr, and they turned me over to Blackberry support...............Big Grin
After 4 hrs of support.......I still had no had "NOTHING"

It turns out that my Sim Card was bad! Sad
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
So, you are now an authorized Blackberry trouble shooter. Cool
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
(07-07-2009, 07:18 AM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  So, you are now an authorized Blackberry trouble shooter. Cool

Blackberries are trouble, so shoot 'em! Big Grin
Wow, 20 years in the business and thats the first I have heard of a bad SIM. Good to know though. Did you lose connection or something else?
(07-07-2009, 03:52 PM)RedWolf Wrote:  Wow, 20 years in the business and thats the first I have heard of a bad SIM. Good to know though. Did you lose connection or something else?

I kept getting an app error 523(I think it was 523), my screen would go white with that error. I would restart my phone and it would last for a couple of mins then it would do the app error again.
I had never done a back up on the computer so the blackberry support walked me through it and wiped out my phone and tried to get it to work with no luck. As soon as I would put the sim card back in, my computer wouldn't acknowledge my phone.
Took it to my t-mobile store and they replaced my card and it fixed it.
(07-07-2009, 09:18 PM)Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:  Took it to my t-mobile store and they replaced my card and it fixed it.
t-mobile??? Well, there's your problem right there... 165
[Image: gallery_2_47_63369.jpg]
[Image: 196426.png]
[Image: LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png] - 2 Time Cancer Survivor
(07-07-2009, 09:36 PM)BLWedge09 Wrote:  
(07-07-2009, 09:18 PM)Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:  Took it to my t-mobile store and they replaced my card and it fixed it.
t-mobile??? Well, there's your problem right there... 165

Yeah, the blackberry support guy said that for some reason t-mobile sends out text messages that can cause an app error. Angry
I am stuck with them for another year. Tongue
I have the company formerly known as Cingular, and really cannot complain. Other than we had 5 bars of signal when I was on their analog program. Now that I am digital, there are places in my house I cannot use my phone (No Signal). Most everywhere else, it has been fine.

I want one of the new iPhone 3GS phones.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
I'm glad someone else said "tMobile, that's your problem" Big Grin

I just played with one of the new iPhones today. Compared it to mine and yes it is much faster. The apps are the same but they work faster. The other cool feature is the optical zoom for the camera.

Remember you can switch networks and keep your old number, they dont really like doing it but they are required to do it if the customer pushes the issue.
(07-08-2009, 01:24 PM)RedWolf Wrote:  I'm glad someone else said "tMobile, that's your problem" Big Grin

I just played with one of the new iPhones today. Compared it to mine and yes it is much faster. The apps are the same but they work faster. The other cool feature is the optical zoom for the camera.

Remember you can switch networks and keep your old number, they dont really like doing it but they are required to do it if the customer pushes the issue.

Yeah, but my contract isn't up for a year next month. Sad
I got my blackberry pearl next to nothing signing a 2 year contract.
(07-08-2009, 03:37 PM)Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:  
(07-08-2009, 01:24 PM)RedWolf Wrote:  I'm glad someone else said "tMobile, that's your problem" Big Grin

Yeah, but my contract isn't up for a year next month. Sad
I got my blackberry pearl next to nothing signing a 2 year contract.

Might see what the early termination fee is, might be as cheap or cheaper than finishing out your contract.
(07-07-2009, 10:28 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  I have the company formerly known as Cingular, and really cannot complain. Other than we had 5 bars of signal when I was on their analog program. Now that I am digital, there are places in my house I cannot use my phone (No Signal). Most everywhere else, it has been fine.

I might be a little bit biased on this one...
[Image: gallery_2_47_63369.jpg]
[Image: 196426.png]
[Image: LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png] - 2 Time Cancer Survivor
(07-08-2009, 07:03 PM)BLWedge09 Wrote:  
(07-07-2009, 10:28 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  I have the company formerly known as Cingular, and really cannot complain. Other than we had 5 bars of signal when I was on their analog program. Now that I am digital, there are places in my house I cannot use my phone (No Signal). Most everywhere else, it has been fine.

I might be a little bit biased on this one...

Biased? Yep, me too. just done ask how many phones I have from there. Its a good thing I dont see all the bills though!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cell Phone Texting Sandiegan05fronty 32 22,396 11-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Last Post: carphreak
  First Cell Phones 1990 Sandiegan05fronty 3 3,531 07-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  What Cell Phone Company do you use? Sandiegan05fronty 9 6,685 04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Last Post: carphreak