Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th of July Plans
What does everyone have planned for July 4th?
I am leaving tomorrow morning for camping and won't be back until Sunday.
Everyone have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
bbq with the extended family. it's gonna be a hot weekend in the inland empire so cold beers/refreshments are mandatory! lol
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
(07-03-2009, 01:01 AM)carphreak Wrote:  bbq with the extended family. it's gonna be a hot weekend in the inland empire so cold beers/refreshments are mandatory! lol

X2 here plus fireworks with the kids
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
(07-03-2009, 01:04 AM)Shift_Avenger Wrote:  
(07-03-2009, 01:01 AM)carphreak Wrote:  bbq with the extended family. it's gonna be a hot weekend in the inland empire so cold beers/refreshments are mandatory! lol

X2 here plus fireworks with the kids

I am going to miss out on the fireworks this year. Confused
But will have some quality family time which = Priceless.
Wanted to go to the coast to watch fireworks shot from Deer Island, but the in-laws don't want to. Got the canton 4th Balloon Fest here ,but they don't want to do that either. So, I guess I'll sit around and watch TV and surf the net.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
well where we will spend it this year they can't have fireworks something about the city banning them or something. but ofcourse someone down the street will have them so we can always watch or look up at the sky. or we might be busy eating and having a few drinks...

Sandi you are right quality family time is priceless. lol lock up the ipods and nintendo dsi's.
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
(07-03-2009, 01:11 AM)carphreak Wrote:  Sandi you are right quality family time is priceless. lol lock up the ipods and nintendo dsi's.

LMAO, don't get cable or cell at the campgrounds. lol
Nothing here. Sad
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Please remember what July 4th is........................

Quote:The History of July 4th

Independence Day in the U.S., is an annual holiday commemorating the formal adoption by the Continental Congress of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, in Philadelphia. Although the signing of the Declaration was not completed until August, the Fourth of July holiday has been accepted as the official anniversary of U.S. independence and is celebrated in all states and territories of the U.S.

The holiday was first observed in Philadelphia on July 8, 1776, at which time the Declaration of Independence was read aloud, city bells rang, and bands played. It was not declared a legal holiday, however, until 1941. The Fourth is traditionally celebrated publicly with parades and pageants, patriotic speeches, and organized firing of guns and cannons and displays of fireworks; early in the 20th century public concern for a "safe and sane" holiday resulted in restrictions on general use of fireworks. Family picnics and outings are a feature of private Fourth of July celebrations.
(07-03-2009, 01:14 AM)Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:  
(07-03-2009, 01:11 AM)carphreak Wrote:  Sandi you are right quality family time is priceless. lol lock up the ipods and nintendo dsi's.

LMAO, don't get cable or cell at the campgrounds. lol

i see well ipods still take you away from the experience so lock those up as well as the sony psp's lol
One of my pipe bands is doing a parade in Seminole, Oklahoma. I have loved parades since I was a little boy and I can tell you that has been a long time. I hope that all have a fun and safe holiday.

OkieScot
(07-03-2009, 08:13 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  One of my pipe bands is doing a parade in Seminole, Oklahoma. I have loved parades since I was a little boy and I can tell you that has been a long time. I hope that all have a fun and safe holiday.

OkieScot
Wish I could be there to see it, Bro. July 4 is my birthday, and it's the big 6-0 for me this year. Looking forward to some BBQ and great fellowship with friends. Hope all my fellow Frontyspot-ers have a blessed holiday!
jack <><
2012 Crew Cab SV
http://www.reverendbiker.com
Set some stuff off at the house tonight (accidentally burned my right hand with a MAPP torch as well), going to a big fireworks show tomorrow put on by the local minor league team.
(07-03-2009, 08:13 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  One of my pipe bands is doing a parade in Seminole, Oklahoma. I have loved parades since I was a little boy and I can tell you that has been a long time. I hope that all have a fun and safe holiday.

OkieScot

Sounds like fun Okie. It's gona be hot, so take some water with you somehow.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Happy birthday reverendbiker and you are still a youngster compared to some of us. We were blessed in the parade today. There was cloud cover the entire parade so we made it okay. The host had water and snacks for us when we finished. They invited us to play for them again next year.

There was only one request and that was for Amazing Grace, which we had already planned to play. The gentleman who paid for the parade is a Texan and he attended Texas A&M. I told him if he could get us a copy of the school fight song we would play it for him next year if it can be put on the pipes. I felt like that was the least I could do after we played The Oklahoma State fight song and Boomer Sooner. Boomer Sooner is always our most popular tune.

OkieScot
Well, the rain started just as my bro-n-law was finishing the burgers. It started with drops the size of a beach ball, or seamed that way. Then settled into a hard steady rain. Greatly needed and perfect timing.
Had the most amazing home made ribs and smoked chicken today. Then headed to the beach for the most amazing display of fireworks I have ever seen. They were everywhere around us for almost 2 hours straight!
Just got back from camping a couple of hrs ago. Boy was it HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! But it cooled off in the evening.
Hope everyone had a safe 4th of july.

BTW, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY REV!!!!!
Just got back home myself. Saw another Patrol for sale. A 69. I actually called about his one before buying the one I did. It was not for sale at the time. Guess they changed their mind. Asking price $2600, but based on what I paid for mine, I wouldn't give no more than $1000. A fair amount of rust seen. Don't know about what I can't see. No shift boots. No Park Brake lever at all. Engine not running either. I wish I could afford to but it and park it till I could do something with it. I already have parking issues already here at the house.
    A couple of pics taken from yesterday.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Love the country side. Nice pics. White T for sale?
(07-05-2009, 07:02 PM)mdawg4x4 Wrote:  Love the country side. Nice pics. White T for sale?

Yeah, that is DanielK's truck. He lives in Poway.
(07-04-2009, 10:29 PM)Shift_Avenger Wrote:  Had the most amazing home made ribs and smoked chicken today. Then headed to the beach for the most amazing display of fireworks I have ever seen. They were everywhere around us for almost 2 hours straight!
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm planning to head over to the Avenger's place for July 4, 2010 Big Grin
jack <><
2012 Crew Cab SV
http://www.reverendbiker.com
(07-06-2009, 06:58 AM)reverendbiker Wrote:  
(07-04-2009, 10:29 PM)Shift_Avenger Wrote:  Had the most amazing home made ribs and smoked chicken today. Then headed to the beach for the most amazing display of fireworks I have ever seen. They were everywhere around us for almost 2 hours straight!
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm planning to head over to the Avenger's place for July 4, 2010 Big Grin

Any time any of you are welcome185
Any time any of you are welcome

Youi might end up with a yard full of people.

OkieScot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4th of July Camping Pics.. etc.. krh2 5 6,897 07-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  Plans for July 4th mdawg4x4 30 18,100 06-26-2008, 08:53 PM
  Labor Weekend Plans Sandiegan05fronty 21 15,455 09-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Trip to Cali July 4th 2007 mdawg4x4 7 6,610 07-14-2007, 01:11 PM
  July 4th, 2007 Sandiegan05fronty 27 21,009 07-08-2007, 05:00 PM