Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Religion
Now noise I can make, singing not so much. Church music is like all other music as far as what style a person likes. The younger set goes for the modern styles while most of my generation feel more comfortable with the old songs and hymns. I often wonder what the music will be like in Heaven. We might all be surprised if it is dated back to Biblical times. I am hoping that whatever is sung will be heard by each of us as the very style we like best. Can anyone say amen?

OkieScot
(07-08-2009, 03:05 PM)OkieScot Wrote:  Now noise I can make, singing not so much. Church music is like all other music as far as what style a person likes. The younger set goes for the modern styles while most of my generation feel more comfortable with the old songs and hymns. I often wonder what the music will be like in Heaven. We might all be surprised if it is dated back to Biblical times. I am hoping that whatever is sung will be heard by each of us as the very style we like best. Can anyone say amen?

OkieScot
Amen185
jack <><
2012 Crew Cab SV
http://www.reverendbiker.com
I just like to sing for God as an act of worship. I can't do that if I am tripping over the words. Many of the hymns sound like gobbledy gook in King James english, so it takes forever to memorize them.
My church is in a transition, but the music director still favors the old stuff because he is resistant to change. I try to learn the old hymns, but he needs to give a little, too. Some days I don't feel as if I have worshipped at all.

I keep praying about it, and it seems to be getting better. From what others are saying, many of them want the same format that I am seeking. The director is trying to please himself and a few senior members of the congregation, while frustrating the masses.

Every church is different in that regard, though.
Craziest thing happened to me. Have you guys seen the movie, "Knowing". Well i decided to go rent it today. Right before that i looked under the cushions, to clean out whatever is inside the couch and i came across a black river rock...the same kind that they have featuring as a symbol in the movie...................wierd...then i looked up the movies inspiration...it's under greek mythology as Pleiades.

You know that saying..."Everything happens for a reason"...well i think this is one of those moments.
Just thinking...thought about putting it under random thoughts thread...but im at a religious state right now...reading URANTIA and the BIBLE.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Reverendbiker,

I heard you do your solo when I was at your church last July and you have a good voice, I was impressed.

Res,

You need to come to Oklahoma City. Almost all of our churches are doing the contemporary music and us old timers cannot hear our beloved old hymns. Wouldn't you know it would be that way.

OkieScot
Here is one of my favorites hymns. When the solo piper strikes in it gives me goose bumps and then the singers come in right after that and I get a lump in my throat. Our pipe band plays this often and when we do it with an organ playing the seconds it is very moving for me. I hope that you enjoy it.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/play...1913313052

OkieScot
http://www.akiane.com/akiane_life.htm#

Please check out this site. She's been a part of my inspiration, ever since i was accidently introduced to her art.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Wow! She is gifted. Awesome work.