Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bed lighting with Tonneau cover mod
For those of you with covers:

Ok, I love my bed cover (ARE LSII) but the cargo light cannot light up the bed. I hated not being able to see in the dark so I added some 55w lights from wallyworld for $23.39. What a difference!

The kit

[Image: IMG_1810.jpg]

Bracket mounted using the ARE support brackets

[Image: IMG_1804.jpg]

Bracket and light mounted

[Image: IMG_1805.jpg]

Lighted switch mounted

[Image: IMG_1807.jpg]

Wires

[Image: IMG_1808.jpg]

Wires in loom

[Image: IMG_1809.jpg]

Switch on
[Image: IMG_1812.jpg]

Bed open No Lights

[Image: IMG_1815.jpg]

Bed open with lights, the pic does not do the light justice. They are MUCH brighter than they look in this pic

[Image: IMG_1819.jpg]

By the way my neighbor decided to start his 2005 supercharged corvette at the end of this video just as I was turning on the lights (talk about timing) . That is the car you hear in the backround. LOL.

[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1765622590379608353&hl=en[/GVideo]
[Image: sigph.jpg]
hmmm, just a thought, how about a diffuser>? something to scatter the light beams and not focus it on one part of the truck? if they are adjustable, then forget i ever said anything.... 163
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
carphreak Wrote:hmmm, just a thought, how about a diffuser>? something to scatter the light beams and not focus it on one part of the truck? if they are adjustable, then forget i ever said anything.... 163

They are adjustable and the pics dont do them justice. Lights up the whole bed just fine. A guy over on the other spot has a 6" lift on his Titan and mounted 4 of these under his truck. Has them wired to the doors. When you open a door Whamo.... whole ground under the truck lights up. He as a bypass switch to shut them off. Sounds kinda goofy but it looks freaking great.
This new lamps are on Titan or Fronty? 179
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
balage Wrote:This new lamps are on Titan or Fronty? 179

Titan, my Hungarian friend. 166
Nice work!
You have to come to me, because here is a floppy shelf, a dead bulb...oh and the grass is too big... 206 205 204
Have a nice weekend! 168
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
looks good, love the pics
The pictures do not do this mod justice! It is a BIG improvement! 164
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
krh2 Wrote:They are adjustable and the pics dont do them justice. Lights up the whole bed just fine. A guy over on the other spot has a 6" lift on his Titan and mounted 4 of these under his truck. Has them wired to the doors. When you open a door Whamo.... whole ground under the truck lights up. He as a bypass switch to shut them off. Sounds kinda goofy but it looks freaking great.

oh ok. got it. so uhh any pics of the A.R.E. cover? i have been wanting one ever since but i'm broke as a joke right now.....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
carphreak Wrote:
krh2 Wrote:They are adjustable and the pics dont do them justice. Lights up the whole bed just fine. A guy over on the other spot has a 6" lift on his Titan and mounted 4 of these under his truck. Has them wired to the doors. When you open a door Whamo.... whole ground under the truck lights up. He as a bypass switch to shut them off. Sounds kinda goofy but it looks freaking great.

oh ok. got it. so uhh any pics of the A.R.E. cover? i have been wanting one ever since but i'm broke as a joke right now.....

They are pricey (ARE) but they are the best quality you can buy. I will clean her up tomorrow and take some detailed pics. Mine cost us 1k but with a Costco discount it was $800 installed. Strong as a m-effer. I weigh 170 and can stand on the top of it if I need to. BTW I only got the cover because when we go to the lake or camping we had to have a way of securing our toys.
that's cool, i was quoted 800 bucks for the regular, flat are cover and i have to wait two weeks for paint. since i have no more under seat storage, i want to get the cover so i can put a box or two in the back with some essential (i.e. jack and tools) stuff...
carphreak Wrote:that's cool, i was quoted 800 bucks for the regular, flat are cover and i have to wait two weeks for paint. since i have no more under seat storage, i want to get the cover so i can put a box or two in the back with some essential (i.e. jack and tools) stuff...

There are less expensive covers out there but hands down this on is the best quality and the design follows the truck lines perectly. Sorry no pics today... Too much yard work to do and had to pack the TT for our trip..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LED External Lighting Aussie Frontier 16 15,418 01-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Bosnian 09SE
  Tonneau Cover Sandiegan05fronty 23 21,680 05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Last Post: freak69uscg19
  Diff. Cover Painted Sandiegan05fronty 3 3,837 08-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Tonneau Covers BlackTigerSE 2 2,977 06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Last Post: BlackTigerSE
  OakieScott's engine cover. LilRedExpress 80 67,522 02-02-2008, 12:52 PM