Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painted calipers, write up added
Well my dad and I painted my calipers today, I might redo the rears tommorrow, also debating on swaping out the rear shocks for the billstiens I have from ratsworld.

Now with write up.
Tools and stuff
wire brushes
masking tape
scuff pad
paint brushes
can of air
brake cleaner

1. get a good brake painting kit, The one i got came with brake cleaner, paint and hardener.
2. Mine was not a spray can so i needed a mixing cup (a tin can from corn beans or spaghetti Os in my case worked great.
3. Get some small wire brushes a can of air and a scuff pad and really clean the calipers get as much of the brake dust and rust off as you can and clean with air.
4. soak the calipers with the break cleaner and let it sit then repeat 3 and 4 at least twice more for a total of 3. That got mine nice and smooth.
5. mask off the bleeder line and the pad clips and the pads. Also if your using spay can mask off the rotors.
6. (only for using brushed on paint) mix your paint I did 2 parts paint 1 part hardener or there abouts.
7. spray or bush in light even strokes. (when i did it we took all 4 wheels off at once and my dad and I went wheel to wheel in a circle stating at opsit corners and that worked well. Mine needed 4 coats till they looked good.
8. (spray only) get a good high temp clear coat and spray them should help the paint last
9. unmask and let sit for about an hr till the paint is dry before putting wheels back on, also it was advised that you let the paint cure for at least 6-12 hrs before driving it.
10. enjoy your new look

[Image: DSCN0737.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0739.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0740.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0741.jpg]
Looks good.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Awesome!!!!!!!! 164
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Your truck just keeps getting better all of the time. You and your dad did an excellent job and it is so good to see a father and son that do things together.

I look at your age and then at your posts and marvel at how much wisdom you have at such a young age.

OkieScot
OMG! Drew! That looks effing awesome! How 'bout a write up so I (we) can do the same....OH and eff your rims while I am at it... I am so envious....... 165
[Image: sigph.jpg]
i saw these calipers somewhere once
RJO

2001 CC SC
shrock bumper, 2.5"AAL, crank, terragrapplers, full audio, solofab skid
I'll get a write up later today.

thanks for the comments
Simple & impessive. Great.
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
Irongrave Wrote:I'll get a write up later today.

thanks for the comments

Sounds good!!!!!
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Looks sweet. Now its time for some drilled and slotted rotors 165
looks good man! the red really adds to the look.....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
C TO THE LOS Wrote:Looks sweet. Now its time for some drilled and slotted rotors 165

nice to see ya here,

I'm not a fan of drilled or slotted rotors for street use, but I am going to get better pads soonish
Looks good Irongrave. Subtle but effective. On a side note, how do you like those Hankooks? I've never known anybody that actually had Hankooks. Just wondering how they're holding up, etc.
[Image: gallery_2_47_63369.jpg]
[Image: 196426.png]
[Image: LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png] - 2 Time Cancer Survivor
Irongrave Wrote:
C TO THE LOS Wrote:Looks sweet. Now its time for some drilled and slotted rotors 165

nice to see ya here,

I'm not a fan of drilled or slotted rotors for street use, but I am going to get better pads soonish

like what kind of pads? i hear some company made a 12 piston caliper. 165 who knows you might need that for when you put big power mods on your engine....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
BLWedge09 Wrote:Looks good Irongrave. Subtle but effective. On a side note, how do you like those Hankooks? I've never known anybody that actually had Hankooks. Just wondering how they're holding up, etc.

We used to run hankooks on the 944 autocross car we had for a few months before going to the MR2s and Kumo tires (cause there was a local dealer that was giving contigancy $$) I love them great in the rain and slick roads the truck dose seem to handle better on them. All in all a great tire.
carphreak Wrote:
Irongrave Wrote:

nice to see ya here,

like what kind of pads? i hear some company made a 12 piston caliper. 165 who knows you might need that for when you put big power mods on your engine....

I'm going to be running EBC green stuff pads.
oh thats cool! keep us posted when you do....

thanks
Looking good, what kind of paint did you buy?
I did mine a while back and just touch them up today.

This is the paint I used:

[Image: june07010Medium-1.jpg]

and the results:

[Image: sept07011Medium.jpg]
[Image: sept07012Medium.jpg]
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gettin my hood fixed and painted....any suggestions?? Thejudge 5 6,878 05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Diff. Cover Painted Sandiegan05fronty 3 3,824 08-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Painted Calipers? Sandiegan05fronty 37 25,479 10-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Last Post: carphreak