Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for dinner?
Marinated chicken leg quarters with my special marinade, and Rice Pilaf.....Just lit the grill getting ready to start the process....oh yeah, some baked beans that I know OkieScot will appreciate. 164

and...............

05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:Marinated chicken leg quarters with my special marinade, and Rice Pilaf.....Just lit the grill getting ready to start the process....oh yeah, some baked beans that I know OkieScot will appreciate. 164

and...............

This is just plain rude!!!!!! 180

Cause I wasn't invided! Does sound good.
Yesterday's left over KFC, just as bad the second time! I expect the potatoes come out of a soft serve ice cream machine. 181

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Little Red Wagen Wrote:
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:Marinated chicken leg quarters with my special marinade, and Rice Pilaf.....Just lit the grill getting ready to start the process....oh yeah, some baked beans that I know OkieScot will appreciate. 164

and...............

This is just plain rude!!!!!! 180

Cause I wasn't invided! Does sound good.

Here is your plate...you better hurry...it is getting cold... 163

[Image: chickenquartersdinner006.jpg]
LilRedExpress Wrote:Yesterday's left over KFC, just as bad the second time! I expect the potatoes come out of a soft serve ice cream machine. 181

Actually, made hamburgers(not the frozen kind), french fries and mac and cheese last night....lol 181

Yes, I actually hand pressed the hamburger meat.... 164
My dear Wife has been pretty lucky for the past two weeks, I had a week off, and cooked every evening, menu items have been Paellha, Arroz con Pollo, Baron of Beef, Spicy Stir Fry with rice and Tofu, chicken wings and Spanish Garlic Chicken.
WhistlerWzrd Wrote:My dear Wife has been pretty lucky for the past two weeks, I had a week off, and cooked every evening, menu items have been Paellha, Arroz con Pollo, Baron of Beef, Spicy Stir Fry with rice and Tofu, chicken wings and Spanish Garlic Chicken.

Well, for now on...you need a camara in hand on all awesome dinners.......

Don't forget....

You must take pics.... 167
Ahh Crap. I knew this thread would get me started. Here are a few of my goofy dinner threads from TitanSpot. I am sure Scottsbro will chime in as he is an award winning smoker king from Houston..

Here goes....................
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Marinated chicken thighs:

For those of you that know me this will not come as a surprise. For those that don't… I like to share recipes etc… Yes, I'm a goof-ball…LOL

Marinated chicken thighs.

2- parts Russian dressing
1- part Worsteshire sauce (sp?)
1- part Teriyaki sauce

I know it sounds like a weird combination but let me tell you I have been using this recipe for over 20 years and it never gets old. When someone comes over and has this they love it and are a convert. When I give out the recipe without them tasting it only 50% of them actually try it (and ending up loving it) and the other 50% never try it ‘cause the combination sounds too weird. BTW, for a little spice I add hot pepper flakes to the marinate to taste. As Rachel Ray would say Yummo!

Marinate skinless (boneless optional) thighs in marinate for at least 48 hours. Then grill on low heat until juice runs clear.

Marinating

[Image: IMG_2788.jpg]

Ready for grill

[Image: IMG_2791.jpg]

Grillin

Done

[Image: IMG_2795.jpg]
Smoked Tri-tip:

Every once in a while my meat mgr. will come up and tell me "hey, we got in a case of Prime .... (name your cut here) do you want some? Well today we got in some Prime grade tri-tip. If our vendor cannot supply us with our standard "choice" grade they are obligated to deliver the next step up for the same price. Today it was tri-tip, last month it was ribeye. So I bought a whole cryovac of them. 8 roasts. When you buy them in bulk like this you save a $1.60 a pound and these are peeled by our specs by the vendor. Normally a tri-tip has a slab of fat on the back side and once you cut it off you lose about 1/16th of the weight. Well these have almost no trimming needed. Open the cryovac and out comes 8 roasts ready for smoking or whatever with little waste. Gonna put some rub on one or 2 and smoke them over hickory. Enjoy. We will, and hopefully I will be "not too tired" to post pics of the finished roast. LOL

Prime USDA tag

[Image: IMG_2548.jpg]

Says choice because our scales no no other grade.

[Image: IMG_2549.jpg]

Trimmed and ready, OMG look at that marbeling

[Image: IMG_2550.jpg]

"Rubbed" and ready

[Image: IMG_2551.jpg]

One of 8 ready for the freezer

[Image: IMG_2552.jpg]

Tri-Tip smokin...Took a coupla hours...

[Image: IMG_2553.jpg]

Done and ready to "rest" for 20-30 minutes....

[Image: IMG_2555.jpg]

Ready for slicing. Yes we like it medium-rare....

[Image: IMG_2557.jpg]

A slightly Memorial day enhanced video of me slicing the tri-tip. I love these knives...

No, that is not my knife you hear in the back round. That is Zippy whining for some scraps. LOL
Another, Smoked Turkey:

This is so easy I feel guilty every time I make it and someone raves over the flavor. Start with 25 coals on each side. Oil the bird and rub it in. General rule is 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed bird. Check internal temp of stuffing, 165 degrees and it is done, take it off the grill and cover it in foil and let it "rest" 15 minutes before carving. Drip pan under the bird provides the best gravy makings I've ever had. One more thing. Keep the upper and lower vents open while cooking.

[Image: IMG_1699.jpg]

Bird ready for cooking.

[Image: IMG_1700.jpg]

Add 8 coals per side every hour. I help them with a little shot of lighter fluid on each one. Drop them in and wait for the flames to go out before putting the lid on.

[Image: IMG_1702.jpg]

Bird done:
Chipotle fajitas:

[size=18]<span>Fajitas!</span>

Chipotle marinated chicken breast.
[Image: IMG_1484.jpg]

Grillin
[Image: IMG_1485.jpg]

Fajitas, arros, frijoles...... Yummy. 190 192 185
[Image: IMG_1487.jpg]
Enchiladas:

Even though I woke up at 0200 to go to work I got off work today and decided to treat my wife to her favorite meal. Enchiladas (beef, cheese, onion, red sauce) and (Cheese, onion, salsa verde) Arros con frijoles tambien! Oh man I love this $hit!

Assembly line:
[Image: 53b4ee2c.jpg]

Ready for the oven (25 min @ 325)
[Image: 37999d11.jpg]

After 25 min. ready for sauce and cheese.
[Image: 6ae69328.jpg]

Cheese and sauce on (5 min. more)
[Image: dabdba86.jpg]

Done!
[Image: 72f2d6ce.jpg]

Ready to eat! Yummy!
[Image: c4b25969.jpg][/b]
sandi and krh2,

With all of the great looking food that happens at your home I can see that you need to adopt me. I don't eat nearly as well as you do and my cooking ability is non existent.

Ah yes, baked beans, you just can't go wrong with them.

OkieScot
OkieScot Wrote:sandi and krh2,

With all of the great looking food that happens at your home I can see that you need to adopt me. I don't eat nearly as well as you do and my cooking ability is non existent.

Ah yes, baked beans, you just can't go wrong with them.

OkieScot

I think I know this story.. Wait I have a funny baked bean story. But that is for joke of the day thread.
awww c'mon guys! all i had for dinner was a western bacon cheeseburger from carl's. thanks for teasing me with all the wonderful food. if only the internet has smell-a-vision.....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
i think this calls for a cooking subforum complete with stickies
RJO

2001 CC SC
shrock bumper, 2.5"AAL, crank, terragrapplers, full audio, solofab skid
I know, I know....old thread........but..............Having some beef/noodles, carrots, mushrooms, and mashed potatoes tonight! The aroma from the crockpot is....................."Priceless"
Mazzio's Pizza
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
The Beef and Noodles were very very good!!!!!!!
A ham, potato and onion casserole and fresh tomatoes with a little dish of chocolate icecream to set it off.

OkieScot
Last night was a perfectly cooked pepper rubbed steak with twice baked potato.
Tonight was a burger seasoned with southwest chipolte, onion powder, garlic powder, spanish paprika, salt and black pepper.
(08-16-2009, 10:36 PM)Phelan Wrote:  Last night was a perfectly cooked pepper rubbed steak with twice baked potato.
Tonight was a burger seasoned with southwest chipolte, onion powder, garlic powder, spanish paprika, salt and black pepper.

I love southwest chipotle!185
A bag of TGIF Cheese Potato skins lol....I'm poor.
(07-08-2007, 10:58 PM)krh2 Wrote:  Enchiladas:

Even though I woke up at 0200 to go to work I got off work today and decided to treat my wife to her favorite meal. Enchiladas (beef, cheese, onion, red sauce) and (Cheese, onion, salsa verde) Arros con frijoles tambien! Oh man I love this $hit!

Assembly line:
[Image: 53b4ee2c.jpg]

Ready for the oven (25 min @ 325)
[Image: 37999d11.jpg]

After 25 min. ready for sauce and cheese.
[Image: 6ae69328.jpg]

Cheese and sauce on (5 min. more)
[Image: dabdba86.jpg]

Done!
[Image: 72f2d6ce.jpg]

Ready to eat! Yummy!
[Image: c4b25969.jpg][/b]

OH WOW, THAT LOOKS D-LICIOUS! Replace the red meat with chicken and i'd be all over that!

GEEZ! YOU GUYS EAT GOOD! I just saw your health plate of chicken... some how missed itl
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
They eat like royalty. I am trying to figure out how I can move in with them when I get a little older. When I saw thw $87 price tag on the meat I knew it was out of my budget. I am not looking forward to Obamacare, but Kevincare, now that looks like the way to go.

OkieScot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mre Dinner Date, FYI... No Beverages Suggested/Allowed/Appro krh2 8 5,842 09-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Opiate
  Christmas dinner tradition Shift_Avenger 3 3,722 12-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Last Post: balage
  What's for dinner? MOBEEBO 16 12,129 10-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Last Post: OkieScot
  Ding, ding, ding, dinner anyone? krh2 9 8,841 05-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Last Post: krh2