Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done for your truck today?
I think it's safe to call it a small lake when it's that deep! 205

Didn't hydrolock?
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

BlackTigerSE Wrote:Drove into a deeeeep puddle (over the hood) and drove on the beach for about half an hour Smile
Over the hood! I read you sig to see what intake you have. The Volant is one of the best for water. From what I have seen, it doesn't have an open filter to suck up water easily. But, I would still be cautious with deep water. Sounds like you need a snorkel. I would look awesome on your truck!

And, I bet you have no pics?
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Lol i was very hesitant before i saw a stock police jeep go across. All the other trucks were lifted like 6"+ But the police jeep knew where to drive across. There were shallower points in the "Lake" haha.

Yup, the water went over the hood and hit the front windshield hahaha, only for 2 seconds though. I'm pretty sure i got water inside the box, but not enough to drown the intake or go into the engine. But when i continued to drive, the water was barely up to the door handle.

Nothing happened, when i drove onto the beach and when i drove off. The truck worked fine.

Lol, no need for snorkel. It was a rare occasion and will not happen often. Don't need to cut my truck up.

No pictures, since i didn't have my camera on me. Maybe next time lol.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Snorkel sure does look good.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Picked up some POR-15 along with degreaser, etcher, and "chassis coat" flat black topcoat. Hardbody frame gets some much needed TLC this weekend 165 List price for everything: $600+...... my price: $314 after tax. Gotta love discounts 202
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!

eglaisi Wrote:Picked up some POR-15 along with degreaser, etcher, and "chassis coat" flat black topcoat. Hardbody frame gets some much needed TLC this weekend 165 List price for everything: $600+...... my price: $314 after tax. Gotta love discounts 202

50% mark up for consumers, OUCH!
2005 Electric Blue Custom Flaking Paint courtesy of Nissan.
Installed K&N air filter
Phelan Wrote:Installed K&N air filter
and you are, who hasn't got picture about it??
don't kiddin! 165
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
balage Wrote:
and you are, who hasn't got picture about it??
don't kiddin! 165

It was startin' to rain when I installed it. And I was already late for work :p
Drop in, or CAI? I have been considering a drop in until I can swindle my checking account out of enough money to buy a CAI.
Drop in
Phelan Wrote:Drop in
What are your initial thoughts?
mdawg4x4 Wrote:
Phelan Wrote:Drop in
What are your initial thoughts?

Haven't noticed any difference really, but I've driven less than 15 miles since changing to it.
Used it to haul it's older brother's engine.

[Image: REBUILD043.jpg]

Went to Cow Mountain with 3 other frontiers and a Xterra. Had a freakin' blast!! Took some pictures and dozens of videos, i'll post later.
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Took her to the car wash ( water restrictions do not allow me to wash her at home ) in preparation for her new wheels 165
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Shift_Avenger Wrote:Took her to the car wash ( water restrictions do not allow me to wash her at home ) in preparation for her new wheels 165

Going to wash the truck and Jeep if I get home in time. Not sure which one I want to take to Tax Day Tea Party. If the weather cooperates, I'll take the Jeep.
Got home and got the Jeep washed, outside anyway. Wife and daughter got home a couple hours later. Went to eat and the rain set in before I got the truck washed. If it doesn't rain in the morning I'll get that done and proceed to the inside of both.
Washed my bed and somewhat my truck. The bed had oil spills and gasoline spills and dirt...it was horrible.
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Yeah, sometimes those are hard to get out too. That's where a pressure washer comes in handy... blow that stuff to oblivion! 204

going to clean the inside this weekend. It really, really needs it! 207
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Lost the keys for it today at work. Still can't find them.... don't know if they're inside or outside the shop. I'm hoping they're inside and I just haven't come across them yet cause if they're outside on the road, someone could easily steal the truck.

Shoveled the rest of the mulch out of the bed, then I swept and used a blow gun to get the mulch out of the crevices.
2005 Electric Blue Custom Flaking Paint courtesy of Nissan.
eglaisi Wrote:Lost the keys for it today at work. Still can't find them.... don't know if they're inside or outside the shop. I'm hoping they're inside and I just haven't come across them yet cause if they're outside on the road, someone could easily steal the truck.

Did you find your keys?

I detailed the inside today on mine
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Nope. Wandered into the deep abyss I guess. 184

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New HU for the truck krh2 11 12,120 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SimsfrontierSE
  Got Brave today. Nut1 9 8,845 10-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty