Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installed new rear view mirror
I finished installing my Donnelly auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and outside temperature today. I bought it from my local dealer fpr $162. It's much nicer than the cheapo stock mirror.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 134036.png]
is it the same size as the stocker?
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

eglaisi Wrote:is it the same size as the stocker?

It's a little larger in size than the stock mirror. It's stock in some vehicles like an Altima. It's not the Homelink mirror that the LE CC with leather uses. Those are made by Gentex. This one is Donnelly. This mirror.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... gory_Code=
My truck came with it! Zero, does yours have the auto dimmer?
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:My truck came with it! Zero, does yours have the auto dimmer?

Affirmative Sandie. I really wanted a Homelink mirror lik yours but they make it really hard to buy one from Nissan. Gentex acts like it's a secret and only sell them through 2nd parties. I do have the ambient temp sensor harness behind my grill for the Homelink mirrir temp gauge. There is no wiring inside the cab though. If I could get my hands on a mirror like yours I could make it work. Send me yours Sandie. 165
Zero Six LE Wrote:
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:My truck came with it! Zero, does yours have the auto dimmer?

Affirmative Sandie. I really wanted a Homelink mirror lik yours but they make it really hard to buy one from Nissan. Gentex acts like it's a secret and only sell them through 2nd parties. I do have the ambient temp sensor harness behind my grill for the Homelink mirrir temp gauge. There is no wiring inside the cab though. If I could get my hands on a mirror like yours I could make it work. Send me yours Sandie. 165

Yeah, I really like my mirror, the auto dimmer rocks! I was driving my sons Honda and had to flip up the mirror to keep the headlights from glaring.
boohoo, its so hard to flip the little tab 171 172

haha, but Id like the outside temp/compass for sure.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

eglaisi Wrote:boohoo, its so hard to flip the little tab 171 172

haha, but Id like the outside temp/compass for sure.

The flip of the old tab is probably becoming obsolete. 202
I have the nice one in my LE, but I like yours better. Looks nicer. I would trade out possibly if it had homelink.
2006 Frontier CC LE NISMO SPORT Silver Streak

Mods: Custom Dynomax Exhaust, Red Calipers, Fog lights on all the time, Airaid Quickfit w/ AEM Dryflow with modified top, Headlight Adjustment Mod, Backup Lights, Leaf Spring Helpers Traction Mod, Hood Protector, 2* timing advance, APC Sport Pedals, TB Screen Delete, Ram Air Grille Mod, Power Brake Mod, Sylvania Ultra Brights

Pics of my truck and ideas http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/ ... /Frontier/
[Image: ava.jpg][Image: avatarcopy-1.jpg]
Newman Wrote:I have the nice one in my LE, but I like yours better. Looks nicer. I would trade out possibly if it had homelink.

What does your mirror have?
Mines like the stock upgraded one that comes with the LE. It has temp, compass, auto dimming and homelink.

Mods: Custom Dynomax Exhaust, Red Calipers, Fog lights on all the time, Airaid Quickfit w/ AEM Dryflow with modified top, Headlight Adjustment Mod, Backup Lights, Leaf Spring Helpers Traction Mod, Hood Protector, 2* timing advance, APC Sport Pedals, TB Screen Delete, Ram Air Grille Mod, Power Brake Mod, Sylvania Ultra Brights

Pics of my truck and ideas http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/ ... /Frontier/
Newman Wrote:Mines like the stock upgraded one that comes with the LE. It has temp, compass, auto dimming and homelink.

Did yours come standard? I prefer the display not be on the mirror glass but I would still like a Homelink function on my mirror. A visor mounted Homelink like my 02 Maxima has would be even better.
Zero Six LE Wrote:
Newman Wrote:Mines like the stock upgraded one that comes with the LE. It has temp, compass, auto dimming and homelink.

Did yours come standard? I prefer the display not be on the mirror glass but I would still like a Homelink function on my mirror. A visor mounted Homelink like my 02 Maxima has would be even better.

It comes standard with the LE CC. The display is a small square in the far top right, and the homelink buttons are an the bottom of the mirror assembly. But surprisingly when pushing the buttons, the mirror does not move out of place

EDIT: Just found a pic of it.

[Image: 999L1-A6001_big.jpg]

Newman Wrote:
Zero Six LE Wrote:

It comes standard with the LE CC. The display is a small square in the far top right, and the homelink buttons are an the bottom of the mirror assembly. But surprisingly when pushing the buttons, the mirror does not move out of place

EDIT: Just found a pic of it.

[Image: 999L1-A6001_big.jpg]

Thanks Newman. I feel like Nissan screwed the LE KC model by not including the Homelink mirror. Looks like they use at least 2 different brands of mirrors in the LE. Gentex and Donnelly. I didn't realize the Frontier used the same mirror as the Titan. I wish the mirror in your link incleded the instructions so I could take a look at them.
Many SE members have asked the question whether its possible to upgrade to this mirror, and many sources told them no that they don't have the wiring to do so.

Maybe it will be different on the LE KC, but I would ask around before you even think about buying.
That is kinda stupid that Nissan did that to you.

Interesting topic. I have a Homelink Gentex 313, but no wiring harness. I was just searching for a wire harness last week and found this site that sells the kit as well as the harness. They want $96 for the harness and temp sensor. The said the Nissan sensor was the most expensive. I am not sure what that has to do with it if you are not replacing a stock sensor. The Homelink mirrors with a rectangle display in the upper right corner are compass only. If there is a square display, it has compass on top and temp on bottom.

http://stores.ebay.com/WembleySells
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
mdawg4x4 Wrote:Interesting topic. I have a Homelink Gentex 313, but no wiring harness. I was just searching for a wire harness last week and found this site that sells the kit as well as the harness. They want $96 for the harness and temp sensor. The said the Nissan sensor was the most expensive. I am not sure what that has to do with it if you are not replacing a stock sensor. The Homelink mirrors with a rectangle display in the upper right corner are compass only. If there is a square display, it has compass on top and temp on bottom.

http://stores.ebay.com/WembleySells

A Nissan ambient temp sensor costs less than $16 at the dealer. I have the wiring harness for it on my trcuk so you probably have one on your Nismo.
Wire harness for the temp sensor alone, or for the mirror also?
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
mdawg4x4 Wrote:Wire harness for the temp sensor alone, or for the mirror also?

Just the sensor that plugs into the harness in front of the radiator/condenser. There is a violet and purple wire in the harness I'm talking about. The part number is 27722-7S000.
If you look at the beginning of this clip, you can see my mirror.
[Image: th_11-11-07_1702.jpg]

Newman Wrote:If you look at the beginning of this clip, you can see my mirror.
[Image: th_11-11-07_1702.jpg]

LOL. I looked at that earlier this morning. 185
I would like the HomeLink but I don't care for the auto-dimming. For me they don't dim enough. The old flip style reduces glare much more and you have control when it is not dark enough outside too. I like to flip it when someone's headlight is out of alignment and shines up or I just don't want to look at someone..... 178
MOBEEBO Wrote:I would like the HomeLink but I don't care for the auto-dimming. For me they don't dim enough. The old flip style reduces glare much more and you have control when it is not dark enough outside too. I like to flip it when someone's headlight is out of alignment and shines up or I just don't want to look at someone..... 178

It would be nice if they gave us auto dimming side view mirrors to work in conjunction with the rear view.

Side mirror dim would be awesome. I do have to say that the dim on the Factory Upgraded mirror that I have is perfect. I never notice it in effect. With my old Lincoln LS, it was always too dark, not enough, or turned it a weird green color.

If you can get the mirror that I have, get it. Its the best one that I have ever had. The only one that tops it is the one in my dads CLS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone replaced rear door handles (interior)? snowman781 1 2,306 03-21-2018, 03:25 AM
Last Post: boniel
  CoverKing Seat covers..Installed krh2 5 9,003 11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Last Post: krh2
  NEW HIDs installed! 7 11,439 06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Last Post: SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
  Rear view camera installation VR3 wireless Shift_Avenger 10 9,391 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Rear View Camera Lisa 16 11,671 08-19-2008, 03:06 PM
  Installed Homelink transmitter Zero Six LE 21 18,816 03-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Zero Six LE
  Got my Stillen Rotors and Pads Installed | Pics silvrbreez 12 10,202 03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Last Post: gfronty
  Installed new lights Jagsguy01 18 18,751 01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jagsguy01
  Python 990 remote start/security system installed Shift This 6 7,962 01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
  Change Rear Bulbs michaelj 5 5,318 10-02-2007, 09:14 PM