Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody else have this problem?
So I have this problem with my climate control. When I have the defrost or heater on it changes back and forth to the vent, the defrost and then the floor. It won't stay where I set it. It shuffles back and forth. But, it appears, only in the winter. Not with the A/C in the summer? 179 You can also hear the door creaking in the dash too.
Anyone else have a similar problem?
I don't have the problem of it switching back and forth, but I do hear the door creaking in the dash too, I think it happens after I turn off the truck...I will be more aware of it now that you posted this post and will let you know when I hear the creaking noise.
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
When I first bought the truck it would "gurgle" under the dash. Yes...gurgle. 207 There was an air bubble in the system but it "passed" 167 and that doesn't happen anymore. Now, I don't get control over the system. What ever I set it on it will do something else. 175 or just move all around. Makes no sense. 179
OK, 25 views and only Sandie and me? C'mon man! There has gotta be more. 207
Never heard of that. You still under warrantee? 179
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Maybe disconnect your battery for a coupla hours... You know kinda like a re-boot.
Nope. No warranty. When it started last year I took it to Elk Grove Nissan. They couldn't get it to do it so they said it would cost all this money too take it apart and blah, blah, blah.....Screw Them. 175

Anyway... I was thinking about disconnecting the battery. It doesn't do it during the summer though....weird.
krh2 Wrote:Maybe disconnect your battery for a coupla hours... You know kinda like a re-boot.

Actually it only took a couple of minutes....about 15 or 20. But hey IT WORKED! 203
Thanks krh2. 185
I never would have thought it would help. I thought that just helped with engine management but hey, makes sense, coolant goes through there so....... 207 now I am enjoying a TECATE! 192
MOBEEBO Wrote:
krh2 Wrote:Maybe disconnect your battery for a coupla hours... You know kinda like a re-boot.

Actually it only took a couple of minutes....about 15 or 20. But hey IT WORKED! 203
Thanks krh2. 185
I never would have thought it would help. I thought that just helped with engine management but hey, makes sense, coolant goes through there so....... 207 now I am enjoying a TECATE! 192

Cool! all else fails get a bigger hammer or re-boot! 165
MOBEEBO Wrote:

Thanks krh2. 185

Oh, and send my tech bill to 1073 Sumn..... 165 165
HVAC by Microsoft: Ctrl Alt Del

Glad it is working again. Obviously some computer controls for the dampers.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Yeah... thanks for the help guys.... 178 167
UPDATE!

Well, the problem came back. I went to my favorite dealership to ask them what the problem is and what I can do about it. It was a little busy and while I waited for help a guy pulled in with the identical, silver 2WD 2005 CC NISMO. We talked it up and he told me the problem was the entire HVAC box and it needs to be replaced. It takes 8 hrs labor plus parts. Labor total is about $1K. He bought the extended warranty so it was covered. I did not. 171
I got to talk to the service manaager and he said the same thing. Over $1500 total and HVAC is warranted for 36K miles. 174
Long story short.... I am gonna have to live with it.
Lesson for you guys is if your truck starts to do this get it fixed before 36K. 185
i got the extended 100k mile warranty too but i think it was a waste of money, because in case anything goes wrong, they are just gonna say its due to driver abuse and therefore not covered...

while we are at it though, does anyone have the crackling noise in the transmission or clutch on the 6 speed???? ive had it ever since i bought it new. they say its normal....also it doesnt shift too smooth, and i get occasional slight grinding even with the clutch depressed, dont know, maybe im just picky since im used to the smooth precise audi tranny....
My shifting was a bit better after I grounded the transmission. No grinding or cracking noise for me. 179
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Shift_Avenger Wrote:My shifting was a bit better after I grounded the transmission. No grinding or cracking noise for me. 179

it sounds like little wooden sticks being snapped. if i had an aftermarket exhaust on i wouldnt even hear it. i think its normal because so far it looks to me as if our little frontiers, especially the base king cabs were just thrown together without any attention to detail. i mean, everything is cheap, the interior is all plastic, and prone to squeaking tapping and popping noises, the insulation on the windows is not the best eighter. forget ergonomics, but then again what can you expect from 20k other than a rough unrefined truck ...its all in the power and drivetrain

what do you mean by grounded transmission???
Holy threadjack Batman! 180
Sorry... so could you replace the system from a wrecked Fronty? I do not have the extended warranty either and it would suck if t happens.
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Yeah, but the problem is that the work to take the entire dash apart and drain coolant and refrigerant from the AC is the problem. Major League Pain in the A$$! 174

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd Electrical Problem qietman 0 1,266 04-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: qietman
  Turn signals problem NismoFrontier04 1 3,279 10-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Shift_Avenger
  Weird startup problem eglaisi 8 6,681 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Last Post: eglaisi
  fuel gauge and transmission problem mastiff 3 3,567 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Last Post: krh2