Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frontier extendable towing mirrors
Have any been able to to find extendable towing mirrors for Frontiers. Have any attempted to modify the extendable Titan/Armada Nissan tow mirrors to fit. Thanks.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... 99T7-A6000

2007 4.0L S model 4x4 Pathfinder with about 42K kms
I know that the mounting points are similar. I have to find the schematics but I am sure you would only have to drill a couple of extra holes in the mounting locations
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
Frontier
[Image: d40_963-3.gif]

Titan
[Image: a60_963-1.gif]
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=0

[Image: 3625517.gif]
Cool Avenger, looks like they both use the same base plate.
I learn something new every day. 163
Yeah, I was surprised to see that the part number are the same. I could not find a schematic for the extended mirrors , but it looks like they only have an extra plate( probably because of weight)
A search on http://www.titantalk.com/forums/ for Titan mirrors brings up some additional info. There may be a couple of different extendable tow mirrors available, one with memory, heater, power adjustment, and puddle lights and one without memory. The one without memory may have a more compatible wiring harness for the Frontiers /Pathfinders.
I just went out and checked for you. My dad put on the tow mirrors onto his Titan, so he had the stock 2WD ones laying around. The Titan ones have 4 mounting bolts while the Frontier/Pathfinder ones have 3. Other than that, the mounting bases are pretty similar in shape and size. A little trimming would need to be done to make the shape of the door more like the Frontier. The stock mirrors on the Titan 2WD (not the extendable ones) are bigger than our Frontier/Path ones, so I think it would look great on our trucks and we'll be able to have a little more back view. I didn't put on the Titan mirror since I have ventshades that tape onto the mirror and didn't want to retape the whole thing. You might be onto something here, I think it could be done if you really wanted it. I'm not sure about the harness though, because I didn't take off the door panel. The Titan ones have heat, so that wouldn't be an option passed on.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

eglaisi Wrote:I just went out and checked for you. My dad put on the tow mirrors onto his Titan, so he had the stock 2WD ones laying around. The Titan ones have 4 mounting bolts while the Frontier/Pathfinder ones have 3. Other than that, the mounting bases are pretty similar in shape and size. A little trimming would need to be done to make the shape of the door more like the Frontier. The stock mirrors on the Titan 2WD (not the extendable ones) are bigger than our Frontier/Path ones, so I think it would look great on our trucks and we'll be able to have a little more back view. I didn't put on the Titan mirror since I have ventshades that tape onto the mirror and didn't want to retape the whole thing. You might be onto something here, I think it could be done if you really wanted it. I'm not sure about the harness though, because I didn't take off the door panel. The Titan ones have heat, so that wouldn't be an option passed on.

Thanks for checking that out Eglaisi, I'm surprised that http://www.ttt-mirror.com/ who supply the Titan/Armada mirrors hasn't jumped on this mod as the Frontier/PF's are designed to haul serious weight and large boats and trailers and plug and play extended mirrors should be a safety item for that.

For replacing the Frontier mirrors to heated Titan ones it might be as easy as getting the Pathfinder rear window heater switch, putting it in the Fronty dash and hooking it into the side mirrors. I miss my Yukon heated side mirrors. 163

The heated mirrors is an option for the LE models, I wonder how do they activate theirs? 179

eglaisi do you have a pic of the Titan base and wiring of the old mirrors?
You have to press in the middle of the knob on the far right. You can see the little icon in the middle of the knob.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:You have to press in the middle of the knob on the far right. You can see the little icon in the middle of the knob.

How about on the Forntier? Do you have that option or is it only on the northern trucks?
Shift_Avenger Wrote:
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:You have to press in the middle of the knob on the far right. You can see the little icon in the middle of the knob.

How about on the Forntier? Do you have that option or is it only on the northern trucks?

179 I really don't know.
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
The heated mirror switch would be between your AC and your Air recirculation button. It was standard on my SE, I guess being up north.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2007 SE KC 4x4
Ebony Black
in my 2WD LE, that button between the A/C and Air Recirc button is for the rear defroster.....

it is very interesting to know that the bases for the titan/frontier mirrors are similar...it may give an increased view out back but would it not look funny or out of proportion?
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
I'll grab a few pics after lunch. I can mock up the mirror onto the Frontier as well, just to give an idea.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!

Sorry, (but really 165 ) the heated mirror and the heated back window isn't on same switch ,all case?
Or the question isn't this thing?

Hit me! Hit me! 183
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
balage Wrote:Sorry, (but really 165 ) the heated mirror and the heated back window isn't on same switch ,all case?
Or the question isn't this thing?

Hit me! Hit me! 183

I think you are right, I wonder if the wiring is there on all of them 179
[Image: Mirror004.jpg]

Titan mounting

[Image: Mirror005.jpg]

Frontier Mounting

[Image: Mirror008.jpg]

Titan Stock 2WD Mirror on Frontier (not actually on, just in front of Frontier mirror)

[Image: Mirror009.jpg]

Frontier left Titan right

[Image: Mirror011.jpg]

Gives you an idea of proportions

[Image: mirror005cfffcdlt9.jpg]
Ooouuppss, no wire?
I didn't think it. Here every Navara had it, that's why I thinked. 179 235
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
The wire goes down in between the 2 layers of metal into the door panel somewhere. Odds would be that they don't match up. It was starting to snow again and was getting cold so I didn't get a chance to investigate further. My call is that if it did fit up with the Frontier harness... the heat wouldn't work since there wouldn't be enough prongs (maybe if you had a Canadian Fronty with heated mirrors?).

Some Titan owners refer to the BT mirrors as "Dumbo" ears. I love em, both look and function. 'Course I do a lot of towing. I think non-BT Titan mirrors would be a nice look but the Titan BT mirrors would look hideous IMO. I'd like to see one done.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
eglaisi Wrote:[Image: Mirror008.jpg]

Can you take a pic of the OEM ones next to the extendable ones on the Titan, Thanks
OEM Frontier vs Small OEM Titan? I will have them up by tomorrow night.

eglaisi Wrote:OEM Frontier vs Small OEM Titan? I will have them up by tomorrow night.

Sweet! I cant wait! 163
[Image: sigph.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Towing with Dumbo Mirrors FW_Fronty 1 3,371 05-16-2015, 08:10 AM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  Life with Dumbo Towing Mirrors FW_Fronty 5 5,939 03-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: FW_Fronty
  Light trailer towing blues FW_Fronty 12 16,597 10-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Last Post: mdawg4x4
  Towing: Is This Too Much? OldBill 15 18,685 05-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Last Post: JoanLingo