Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Quote of the Day"
This might be fun. Each day someone post up a "Quote". Also, put the author of the quote.
I'll start......

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life" -Confucius
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. "
- Oscar Wilde
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
I have said, and don't know if it is an actual quote anywhere, "Confucius say, Go to bed with itchy behind, wake up with smelly finger!"
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." --Helen Keller
"Success: Willing to do what the average person is not willing to do." - Anonymous
Smokin'
2006 Storm Gray KC NISMO 4X4
"Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong. Sometimes it's letting go." --Sylvia Robinson
"Giving up is the ultimate tragety." - Me; quote for senior portrait in the high school year book, 1981.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Don't let the action of factual things fracture your casual swing.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

It's such a fine line between stupid and...
..Clever.

from the movie This is Spinal Tap. (1984)
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
Luke 11:21

Swing like Tiger, earn like Gates, play like Bond.... 165
[Image: sigph.jpg]
General James Mattis, USMC to Iraqi tribal leaders.

"Allies or enemies. You make the call. I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you EFF (insert complete F-Bomb for the full effect) with me, I'll kill you all."
[Image: blackhoops.jpg][Image: goodcoverpic.jpg]

Happiness Is Beating Bama in Anything, Anytime, Anywhere.

For Balage:
"A A leghalálosabb fegyver a világon van egy Tengeri és -a puska"
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle"
04' Deep Water LE 4x4 CC Off-Road Big Tow, PRG Mini Kit 2" Front 1" Rear, PRG Shackles, Nitto Terra Grapplers 295 70/17, Painted Aluminum Diff Cover, Blue Activetuning Grounding Kit, 8000K HID Lows, Silver Star High & Turns, Flowmaster 40, VOLANT GEN III CAI, Throttle Body Screen Mod, UpRev 2 Deg. Timing Advance, JL Audio Cleansweep, Sony Explode 4ch Amp, Cadence 6.5" Components, (2) Kenwood KFC-W2511 10" Subs, Vshortt Built Custom Box, Clarion APX-1300 400 watt Amp, Black Billet 9" Antenna, 4 piece Painted Billet Grill inserts, (2) 8" Procomp 130 watt Off-Road Lights, (2) 55 watt Back-up Lights, Misery-Tom Fog Light Jumper Mod, AVS Smoked Hood Deflector, [b]Custom Painted Engine Cover IV with matching CAI lid.

SEMPER FI
WAR EAGLE
Some GREAT quotes....keep them coming.

"There are times when silence has the loudest voice."---Leroy Brownlow
Sandiegan05fronty Wrote:Some GREAT quotes....keep them coming.

"There are times when silence has the loudest voice."---Leroy Brownlow

LOL You nearly killed the thread with that one. 180

Here is another from Teddy:
I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the average man.
Theodore Roosevelt
"I personally consider it a vacation. You don't have to cook. You don't have to do the laundry. You don't have to take care of the kids."
Jelena Kondakova- spacewoman
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
"Talk softly, and carry a big stick" -Theodore Roosevelt
2011 Camaro SS/RS
6.2L LS3, Mods: CAI Inc. CAI, Hurst Short throw shifter, Doug Thorely shorty headers, Flomaster American Thunder cat back.
2004 XE 2.4l I-4(sold)
part of The Lifted XE Club!
F.W.O West Coast Chapter

MODS: Total Chaos Long Travel Kit, Shock Hoops, Fox 2.5 coil overs w/ eitbach springs, Fiberglass Fenders, Dever progessive add a leafs, Panasonic CQ-C7303U Clarion 4 channel 400W amp pushing a set of JL audio 6.5 Compents, MA Audio 400w 2 channel amp pushing Kicker Comp 10", XM Radio, Magnaflow 2 1/4 in/out dumped before the axle. 5% tint on rear windows 35% on front windows, oval fog lights from kragen.

The clean conscience is the best cod pillow
Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.
Jello Biafra
I am reading a book by Barbara Johnson and it has a number of quotes that I liked and will share with you.

Life is about 10% how you make it and 90% how you take it. Source Unknown

If it was going to be easy to raise kids it never would have started with something called labor. Source Unknown

As a gardener I love this one. I had seen it before, but not in while.

A rose can say I love you
Orchids can enthrall
But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist
Oh my, that says it all. Source Unknown

The World's Greatest Need
A little more kindness and a little less greed;
A little more giving and a little less need:
A little more smile and a little less frown:
A little less kicking a man when he's down;
A little more "we" and a little less "I";
A little more laughs and a little less cry;
A little more flowers on the pathway of life;
And fewer on graves at the end of the strife. C. Austin Miles

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. Source Unknown

You know you're getting old when you bend over to tie your shoes, and you wonder what else you can do while your down there. Source Unknown

God made wrinkles to show where smiles have been. Barbara Johnson

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever. Barbara Johnson

Some people, no matter how old they get,
never lose their beauty-----they merely
move it from their faces into their hearts. Source Unknown

Work for the Lord. The pay isn't much but his retirement plan is out of this world. Source Unknown

Life is what you make it until something comes along and makes it worse. Source Unknown

A pessimist has no starter
An optimist has no brakes. Barbara Johnson

In the long run, pessimists may be proven right,
But the optimist has a better time on the trip. Barbara Johnson

Looking on the bright side of life will never cause eye strain. Barbara Johnson

A smile is a wrinkle that shouldn't be removed. Barbara Johnson

A smile is the lighting system of the face and the heating system of the heart. Barbara Johnson

A smile is a light in the window of your face that shows that your heart is at home. Barbara Johnson

Faith is putting all your eggs in God's basket and counting your blessings before they've hatched. Barbara Johnson

You have to face the music before you can lead the band. Barbara Johnson

Life is what happens after you make other plans. Barbara Johnson

Can this really be my life, or has there been some mistake? Ashleigh Brilliant

The rain falls on the just and also on the unjust, but chiefly on the just, because the unjust steals the just's umbrella. Barbara Johnson

If I have inside of me the stuff to make cocoons, maybe the stuff of butterflies is there, too. Trina Paulus

I used to be apathetic. Now I just don't care! Barbara Johnson

It's easy to come and go; the hard thing is to remain. Barbara Johnson

There's nothing like a little experience to upset a theory. Barbara Johnson

If you want make-up, ask me. If you want miracles, ask God. Sign in the make-up room at NBC studios

Most people are willing tochange,
Not because they see the light,
But because they feel the heat! Barbara Johnson

Don't lose your head in the battle...you won't have any place to put your helmet. Barbara Johnson

The people who tell you never to let little things worry you have never tried sleeping in the same room with a mosquito. Barbara Johnson

If you treat every situation as a life-and-death matter, you will die a lot of times. Barbara Johnson

Wow, I certainly got carried away with this. I'll post more latter for those of you who have nothing better to do than read one of my posts.

OkieScot
Episode two coming up. These are still from Barbara Johnson's book, The Best of Barbara Johnson, which is a trilogy of 3 of her books.

Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth---a sense of humor. Barbara Johnson

Happy is the woman who can laugh at herself; she will never cease to be amused. Barbara Johnson

Fear is the dark room where negatives are developed. Barbara Johnson

Humor is the hole that lets the sawdust out of a stuffed shirt. Barbara Johnson

You're only young once but you can be immature forever. Remarkable Things

The easiest way to get a healthy body is to marry one. Barbara Johnson

My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and then it's gone again. Barbara Johnson

Never try to guess your wife's size. Just bur her anything marked "petite" and hold on to the receipt. Barbara Johnson

The secret of dealing with a child is nopt to be its parent. Barbara Johnson

The smartest advice on raising children is to enjoy them while they are still on your side. Barbara Johnson

A mother of three notoriously unruly kids was asked, "if you had it to do over would you have children?" "Yes," she replied, "but not the same ones." Source Unknown

A perfect example of minority rule is the baby in the house. Barbara Johnson

A sweater is a garment worn by a child when his mother feels chilly. Barbara Johnson

To be in your children's memories tomorrow you have to be in their lives today. Barbara Johnson

There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience. Source Unknown

If only I could relate to the people I am related to. Ashleigh Brilliant

Dear Father,
help me to bridle my tongue,
so that on judgement day
I will not be found guilty
of assault with a deadly weapon. From one of Barbara Johnson's readers

Nobody cares how much you know unless they know how much you care. Barbara Johnson

Talking is sharing....Listening is caring. Barbara Johnson

Some people find fault like there was a reward for it. Barbara Johnson

Take a tip from nature...your ears aren't made to shut, but your mouth is. Barbara Johnson

Justice is when we get what we deserve.
Mercy is when we don't get what we deserve.
Grace is when we get what we don't deserve. Source Unknown

Do more than exist...Live!
Do more than touch...Feel!
Do more than look...See!
Do more than hear... Listen!
Do more than talk...Say somthing! J.H> Rhoades

Where there is no control there is no responsibility. Barbara Johnson

Advice is like snow, the softer it falls, the deeper it sinks. Barbara JohnsonI

If at first you don't succeed see if the loser gets anything. Barbara Johnson

Parents: People who bear infants, bore teen-agers, and board newlyweds. Source Unknown

Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch. Source Unknown

There are times when, regardless of the score, just to be alive is to be winning. Ashleigh Brilliant

Some days you are the bug... Some days you are the windshield! Barbara Johnson

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape. Barbara Johnson

I can no longer face life so I decided to go through the rest of it backwards. Ashleigh Brilliant

Don't let yourself suffer needlessly---Find a need to suffer. Barbara Johnson

People with time for others are happy all around the clock. Barbara Johnson

Making waves almost never turns the tide. Barbara Johnson

This life is a test. It is only a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do. Source Unknown

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, it's playing a poor hand well. Barbara Johnson

If you can remain calm, you just don't have all of the facts. Barbara Johnson

Hope means you are no longer a prisoner of your track record. Reverend Bruce Larson

Confidence is what you have when you don't really understand the situation. Barbara Johnson

Hope is a feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent. Jean Kerr

The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes had no tears. One of Barbara Johnson's readers.

That's it folks.

OkieScot
This is from my daily cryptoquote and one of my favorite poets.

Marriage is the alliance of two people. One of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them. Ogden Nash

OkieScot
OkieScot Wrote:This is from my daily cryptoquote and one of my favorite poets.

Marriage is the alliance of two people. One of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them. Ogden Nash

OkieScot
I read this to my wife.
She said: it's true. 170
Cryptoquote for today:

Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never happen. JR Lowell
That is some good reads! thanks Mr. Okie!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow The New Quote of the Day Thread mdawg4x4 748 458,057 06-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Last Post: OkieScot