Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mothers Claybar System
Well I finally got to use the Mothers Claybar System that I won from the April Give Away. All I can say is WOW! I will NEVER polish my vehicles again. The claybar is superior in so many ways, not the least of which is that it is so EASY! 203
I used to own a black Chevy truck and I wish they had this stuff back then because I had many a sore arm from polishing and waxing that damn truck! 181
The claybar is so easy to use that I was able to do it and wax it right after, although I wasn't able to actually wax it because my neighbor came over and made start drinking beer. 178 168

Anyway, I took some pics, I hope they can show the difference.

Thanks again Frontyspot for the wonderful product! 207
That is sick!! i just bought a bottle of polish...and spray on wax...hmmm so this will replace the polish? I used to just wash and wax...recently just bought the polish...i dont know how it will make a difference.
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
Polish (and the claybar) gives your paint the wet look. Great for dark paint. It works well, but is very labor intensive. The claybar is easier to use and doesn't take as much elbow grease. Liquid polish is ideal for buffers, if you don't have one you can get a sore arm. 272
oh...so the claybar is the wax...why polish? why not just wash and claybar? You just want that extra shine?
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

BlackTigerSE Wrote:oh...so the claybar is the wax...why polish? why not just wash and claybar? You just want that extra shine?

The clay bar is not wax. It will strip your wax. It is made to take contaminants out of the clearcoart, and the result is an ultra smooth finish.
2005 Electric Blue Custom Flaking Paint courtesy of Nissan.
EB_05_NISMO Wrote:
BlackTigerSE Wrote:oh...so the claybar is the wax...why polish? why not just wash and claybar? You just want that extra shine?

The clay bar is not wax. It will strip your wax. It is made to take contaminants out of the clearcoart, and the result is an ultra smooth finish.
No what i meant to say is...the claybar replaces your use of wax? Claybar= no need for wax...question is whats the polish for? extra shine?
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

I did not know it would strip the wax, but that makes sense, it would have to take it off to take the crap off. I am gonna go out and apply some wax when it cools off. 166
BlackTigerSE Wrote:
EB_05_NISMO Wrote:

No what i meant to say is...the claybar replaces your use of wax? Claybar= no need for wax...question is whats the polish for? extra shine?
No you still need to use wax to protect.

Polish or Claybar makes the paint shine. Wax protects the paint from sun and the elements.
208 ...SO ITS JUST ANOTHER STEP TO MAKE YOUR TRUCK SHINE?...ehh...im actually going the opposite direction...waxing seemed like to much work...then i saw "spray on" wax..bottle says its easier than pour on wax and you can use it on wet surface..so i bought it LOL! i bought a bottle of polish...should return it and get a claybar...
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

AWESOME! I love the stuff! Works GREAT! 164
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
I am gonna wax it tomorrow morning. Before it gets hot, again. 282
BlackTigerSE Wrote:208 ...SO ITS JUST ANOTHER STEP TO MAKE YOUR TRUCK SHINE?...ehh...im actually going the opposite direction...waxing seemed like to much work...then i saw "spray on" wax..bottle says its easier than pour on wax and you can use it on wet surface..so i bought it LOL! i bought a bottle of polish...should return it and get a claybar...
the spray on wax is for maintaining the cars paint in between waxing....

i use it every time i wash my truck but it is by no means a substitute for good ol' waxing.

mobbebo, you will be amazed at how much shinier the truck will get after waxing. just don't forget to wash the truck again as leaving it parked overnight might attract some dirt that you do not want to be dragging across the surface....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
[Image: carph3.jpg]
You don't think I can just use my duster? 179

180 174
you can, i hear those california dusters work great! however, having a dark blue truck i have grown to become more obssesive compulsive when it comes to cleaning my truck. i hate swirl marks....

just remember, polish will add shine to your paint and wax will protect it.

on my "detailing day" my regimen goes like this:

-vacuum interior
-wipe down dash
-clean truck
-clay bar
-cleaner wax
-polish
-nano wax
-tire dressing/tire shine

also, claying and waxing your wheels is not a bad idea. dirt should not stick as much....
"it does not matter who started the thread, at the end of the day i will be it's last poster...."
I waxed my wheels not too long ago. I won't clay them cause I want to use it on the wife's Tahoe. It should be toast after that. Her truck is dirty. 178
well i don't know about you but whenever i get a clay bar i "cut" it in 3 pieces and each piece should be good for 2 or three uses depending on the level of dirt on the vehicle....

the spray is basically detailling spray and you could get another bottle of that at any auto parts store...
I just finished waxing. Man it looks awesome. I even used the bar to take some marks out of my wifes hood. It worked real well. Thanks Frontyspot. 185
Hey Mobeebo the photoshop is blue joke!!!! 180

204 205 206 Just kidding!
Your truck is beautiful !
[Image: 5260151.jpeg]
Ha ha ha. How did you know I have photoshop? I never thought of that. I could have sharpened the images to show even more shine! 210
BlackTigerSE Wrote:No what i meant to say is...the claybar replaces your use of wax? Claybar= no need for wax...question is whats the polish for? extra shine?

Polish is actually an abrasive believe it or not. If you run some between your fingers, you can feel its not smooth. Polish is meant for taking things out like small scratches, some contaminants, basically anything that isn't supposed to be there.

Wax is a sealer. You always use it after polish since the polish makes a clean slate. A good waxing will go a very long way, prevent corrosion, makes washing easier and many more benefits. If claybar replaces anything, it would be the polish. If you want to be really through, I would claybar first to get the larger things, a good quality polish (I use it on a pneumatic polisher, way faster and easier) then buff it out with a microfiber towel. You can use swirl remover if you see the swirl marks. After that use a name brand wax (I seem to be liking Meguiars gold class lately) and you've done alot to prevent corrosion.
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

eglaisi Wrote:
BlackTigerSE Wrote:No what i meant to say is...the claybar replaces your use of wax? Claybar= no need for wax...question is whats the polish for? extra shine?

Polish is actually an abrasive believe it or not. If you run some between your fingers, you can feel its not smooth. Polish is meant for taking things out like small scratches, some contaminants, basically anything that isn't supposed to be there.

Wax is a sealer. You always use it after polish since the polish makes a clean slate. A good waxing will go a very long way, prevent corrosion, makes washing easier and many more benefits. If claybar replaces anything, it would be the polish. If you want to be really through, I would claybar first to get the larger things, a good quality polish (I use it on a pneumatic polisher, way faster and easier) then buff it out with a microfiber towel. You can use swirl remover if you see the swirl marks. After that use a name brand wax (I seem to be liking Meguiars gold class lately) and you've done alot to prevent corrosion.

OH WOW, elgasi, you out did yourself with this. Thanks!! I now know what im dealing with here. I can see the light!!! its clear blue skies from here on out...hmmm since i already bought a bottle of polish..theirs no point in spending anther $20.00 for a bar of clay...im good and thanks ago for explaining my question! happy shining!
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

You are welcome sir. I have storm gray so there's not much shine to it. Your black truck is going to love you though. 185 I gotta wash my truck since I get my license back in 2 days. 203
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

I have been using clay on my vehicles for about 20 years now. A friend used to own a detail shop and turned me onto it. If you want to know if your truck needs to be clayed, take a plastic bag and put your hand inside of it like a glove, and run your hand across the paint. If it feels rough, that is paint contaminants, and that is what clay removes. making your paint smooth, and ready for wax. The contaminants are usually fall out from nearby industries, business's, and things of that nature. The tiny particle stick to the moisture on the paints surface, and then start to , microscopically, damage the paint. claying 2 times a year(more if you live close to industrial areas) will keep you paint fresh, and smooth. Wax it 4-6 time a year(or more).
I used to wax all my vehicles at least twice a year. I was getting ready to wax my truck early 2011 and bought a clay bar kit to use first. Then my son pointed out the paint flaking off my truck out of the roof ditch. Didn't wax it figuring Nissan would fix the paint. However, Nissan said they did not see any issues with my paint, so here I am with even less paint that before and haven't waxed since. Local quotes ranged from $2500-$5000 to have it repainted. Haven't hardly even washed it anymore. I'm scared the rest of the paint will flake off.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)